Sunday, March 28, 2010

Best Friends
















After the market on Saturday, Abby and I decided to go and see my friend Wendy sing in a little cafe in Warburton, a lovely little town I have blogged about before.

Wendy and I went to primary and secondary schools together, and were best friends. Over the years, our lives have led us on very different paths, but we have remained friends. It doesn't matter how long between visits, our friendship is such that we can reconnect, no matter how much time has passed. She is a successful singer now, and travels the world sharing her magical voice. I am so very proud of her (and maybe a little envious of her gypsy lifestyle).

I reminded her that it was Earth Hour on Saturday night, so at 8.30pm, she switched off her mike and lights, and did her whole gig accoustically by candlelight - magical.

She has a website if you want to experience her amazing voice for yourselves...http://www.wendyrule.com/

4 comments:

  1. What a great weekend!
    Enjoy the rest of your week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful....I am so happy with myself I remembered earth hour too. Happy New WEEK TO YOU. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    Many thanks for popping in to see me and commenting.
    Your friend sounds fantastic. What a wonderful gift to be able to sing like that. Sounds as if you had a great time. Have a lovely week. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're friends with Wendy Rule?!?! That is so awesome ... She sang on some of Gary Stadler's Faerie Music stuff... I am a HUGE fan of his
    :-D

    ReplyDelete

"We are each of us angels with only one wing...and we can fly only be embracing each other." Thankyou for taking the time to visit. Please leave me a comment, as I love to read them x