Tuesday, March 01, 2011

A Painting, a Cake and Sweet Friends

I finished my painting today...it makes me happy. I hope you like her too...
Remember I told you I was baking a pear and almond cake yesterday? Well, I just had to share with you, because it was super easy, and so delicious...I imagine it would be equally as lovely with apples or other fruits...here is the recipe. Oh, I didn't have any flaked almonds and I can only guess that such an addition would take this to the next level!

I shared a slice this afternoon with a dear friend who came bearing gifts of the most wonderful kind...Helen, you rock! My head is spinning with the possibilites...gotta love girlfriends...


And, I almost forgot to tell you of the lovely suprise I received recently when I went to my letterbox and discovered a lovely gift, sent all the way from across the ocean...thankyou dearest Wendy - you made my day. If you haven't already, go and visit her wonderland...it is a magical place indeed.

 and the other side...
"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." Pablo Picasso

11 comments:

  1. I love love love love love your painting!! Especially the size - wow. I need to paint that big.

    It's such an interesting composition with a beautiful palette. Very nice job indeed. Are you going to hang it in that room we see?

    I feel all inspired to go and paint now, but unfortunately I have to spend the next 8 hours working... doh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new paint is beautiful ! It makes me happy! I really like the flowers and the colours you used! It's a paint for Spring! And this lady is you maybe? ;)
    Hey! The cake looks niiiice and what wonderful gifts you have there !
    Have a happy month dear Tina!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my your painting is amazing...what talent you have my friend...I adore her. Where are you going to hang her?

    Yummmm...I will be right over for some cake..and I adore your sweet treasures.

    Hugs...from all the way over the ocean blue. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness your painting is huGE and LOVEly! and what a grand basket of goodies to play with =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOOooooooooooooo, I LOVE your painting!!! She has me even more desperately longing for springtime! The colors are splendid! How I would love to have the hands of a painter ... you are truly talented! :))
    Now that cake recipe sounds delish ... I shall have to give it a try ...I do love adding nuts to just about everything!

    Tina, you never cease to amaze me ... you are one clever lady ... how I would love to spend a girls weekend trading ideas with you! By the way, love the new header on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What deliciousness in this post! Your painting is lovely - and so large. I am kind of fearful to work that big. I love her sweet face. And that cake - wish there was a way you could send some via the computer! LOL And what loveliness from your friend, Wendy. Lots of pretties to play with. :) Take care, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! Fabulous Tina..i adore you painting..she is super magical..i feel a wonderful "journeying aspect' and feel to it all..like she is creating and integrating gifts and bringing them down into the world to transform into blessings..and celebrating an inner birth.....i feel such upliftment with her and creational energy...and such movement...like she is sharing so much light and love and a real peaceful energy too!! I also love that she has long dark hair and a gorgeous flower in her hair!yay!!

    beautiful post..beautiful photos..full of inspiration! thankyou for sharing your gorgeous world! Wonderful treasures enjoy enjoy..and yum that cake rocks!!
    Hugs and kisss sweet friend!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Tina!!! Your painting is beautiful!!! I love her!! She reminds me of you.....magical and enchanting. The cake looks yummy.....I'll be right over for some cake and tea! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your sweet thoughts today. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE, LOVE that painting! Congratulations on your lovely gift XO

    ReplyDelete

"We are each of us angels with only one wing...and we can fly only be embracing each other." Thankyou for taking the time to visit. Please leave me a comment, as I love to read them x