Tuesday, February 02, 2010

The sunny side of the street

Each day, I love to go walking around my neighbourhood - it is a meditation for me, as well as exercise for my body (I love my cheese and wine....) I have a couple of favourite routes I take, and this morning I decided to take a camera...






















I am so lucky to live where it is only a 30 minute drive to the hustle and bustle of the city of Melbourne, and 20 minutes the other way to my beloved Dandenong Ranges, a most beautiful rainforest that I love to visit on my artist dates with myself...(I will share soon, I promise).

















I really enjoy looking at the gardens along the way, and never tire of the scenery...it is fun to peek into peoples' homes and imagine who lives there...




































Down my street, is a little antiques shop, and I love to visit often and bring home a treasure or two...there are all these funny little rooms upstairs filled with eye candy...Jo, you would love it!















I think it's so important to be mindful and aware...I have tried hard to encourage this in my girls, so that they always have their eyes, minds and hearts open...I was so happy the other day when Abby pointed out a tree to me in our front garden..."Look mum, do you see the heart?"


















It's so important to stop and smell the roses, don't you agree?








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for Sharing all your beautiful pictures!
    I am sorry to hear about your dog, that is very sad, I have a small dog and I will miss her like crazy!

    I saw you over at Magnolia Pearl, Isn't her site just awesome? I am so excited to see her in the "Where women Create " magazine in the future. ... I love that book! I would love to be in it myself someday!

    Your fairy pics and Alice stuff are so creative! ( Im Having a: Alice in Wonderland's Valentine party on the 12th I have been making stuff/decorations like crazy! ha ha ) I will look forward to seeing more of your art! And your Landscape!!! :)
    I am in Milwaukee Wisconsin, about an hour north of Chicago, and its pouring snow here today!
    Vanessa
    RhinestoneContessa.com

    ReplyDelete

"We are each of us angels with only one wing...and we can fly only be embracing each other." Thankyou for taking the time to visit. Please leave me a comment, as I love to read them x