Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nia and other random bits...















Wow! This morning I went along to an exercise class called 'Nia'....it was incredible! Check out the video above - now, this is my kind of exercise.

I used to be an Aerobics Instructor (many years ago), and I worked in gyms and was pretty much exercise and diet obsessed. Over the years, I have tried to stay fit and healthy, but as I get older, it does get more difficult. I just don't seem to have the same energy (or enthusiasm) that I once had.

Last year, as I've mentioned here before, I went back to school, pretty much full time to study Art Therapy. Along the way, looking after myself physically kind of took a back seat, and the weight began to creep on. I have never had a problem with my weight before, but I do feel that now I am a bit heavier than I would like to be. Which is what led me to enquire about these classes. I love Nia because it is for any fitness level, and you listen to your own body and move in the way that feels right for you...it really is quite amazing.

I have also begun running again...just a couple of times a week, and not very far, but slowly I feel that I am getting myself back on track. It really is so important to look after mind, body and soul for total wellness.

I am trying hard to eat healthy as well (although I fell off the wagon over the weekend), and am checking out wholesome food blogs to get some much needed inspiration...I'm sick of cooking the same old boring meals. Today, I am making a roasted cauliflower soup for dinner, and will also be making some yummy homemade vegetarian pizzas...yum. Our fruit bowl is always full of yummy fruit...



And to feed my soul...this book is on my bedside table, and I can't wait to start reading it...hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - mine was a busy one, catching up with friends and family...

P.S. The soup was incredible - so easy (let me know if you want the recipe). I served it with sourdough croutons and low-fat bacon bits - yummo!

2 comments:

  1. Yay..super lovely post..and wow..that food looks sooo yummy and deliscious..! Good for you..wishing you a wonderful new adventure! Go girl!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how that book is, I see it in the stores all the time and it looks so interesting ! Let me know if it is worth the read :-D

    ReplyDelete

"We are each of us angels with only one wing...and we can fly only be embracing each other." Thankyou for taking the time to visit. Please leave me a comment, as I love to read them x