I know, I know, I have been the world's worst blogger lately. Please don't take it personally, I just haven't felt like I have anything important to share. I knew that 2012 was going to be an amazing year, and after all my struggles and anxieties, life finally feels like it makes sense. I am slowly learning to get out of my head, and to let 'stuff' go. Stuff which I used to obsess over, like "why don't they like me?" or "why didn't I get invited?" You know what, it just doesn't matter anymore. I've come to realise that all I need is within me, and by healing those wounds of not being enough, the love is beginning to flow, and I find myself attracting like-minded people and situations.
I am halfway through my yoga teaching training, and, I know it is a cliche, but yoga truly is transforming me, and things that seemed so important before seem to not have any hold over me any longer. I feel so peaceful and calm, and am honestly enjoying the everyday moments. Seeing my daughters blossom and mature is such a privelege, and I realise that I don't want to miss one single moment. Time is fleeting, and oh so precious.
So I thought it might be lovely to link up here at Wooly Moss Roots to express what has made me grateful this week...
1. Snuggling on the couch watching the fire flicker with my family.
2. Walking Pip along the train tracks, enjoying the autumn smells of the earth and the pine needles beneath my feet.
3. Making beautiful, nurturing soups, filled with delicious beans and vegetables.
4. Divine Yum Cha with my sister, then a movie and some shopping.
5. Cheering from the side lines at the local football, sipping hot lattes and eating my niece's home-made cookies.
6. Watching Abby's netball game and chatting with the other netball mums.
7. Challenging myself with a new yoga teacher, who we nicknamed 'The Smiling Assassin'.
8. Always enjoying my Monday night Yoga class with Michelle, who inspires me every week with her joyful classes.
9. Being invited to sleep with my big girl in her bed, and chatting in the dark.
10. Eating from the breakfast menu at lunchtime with fellow yogis at a local cafe.
11. Making new friends and getting excited when their interests reflect your own. Love that!
12. Allowing myself time to read, read, read...one of my favourite things to do.
13. Devonshire tea in the mountains with my parents and my sister for my niece's birthday.
14. Singing at the top of our voices with Abby, my youngest daughter in the car, and giggling when it becomes a singing competition.
15. Gathering as a family to watch our favourite show on T.V. and deciding who will make the cups of tea, our family ritual.
16. Finding the score of the century - a beautiful old cast iron claw foot bath on the side of the road...I have always longed to have a bath in the garden for moonlight bathing.
17. Indulging my visual senses with my Pinterest boards, which is totally addictive and which you can check out here
18. Finding a beautiful mauve vest in a quirky little shop and deciding I must have it.
19. Taking a journey to the mountains and enjoying the gorgeous autumn leaves...my favourite time of the year.
20. Sipping real Spanish hot chocolate...the kind that the spoon can almost stand up in - pure decadence!
21. Hand feeding the lovely kookaburra who came to visit on my back deck...cheeky fellow!
So there you have it...the little things this week that have made my heart sing and my soul very happy.
"A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself" - Maya Angelou